I Get Tounge Tied

QUIRKY: compassionate, curious, deviant, different, a bit eccentric, exceptional, extraordinary, funny, kind-hearted, off-key, kinda peculiar, queer, quirky, strange, unconventional, unique, unorthodox, maybe unusual...JUST ME

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sharing is Caring

I feel as though I need to be writing something smart, eloquent and witty..in actuality, the majority of thoughts that revolve around my brain (notice I did not say "evolve") are thoughts regarding connection, participation, sharing, communities, sex and music. (I mean, of I am going to write this blog why not be real right!?)

So..sharing..sharing is caring. We hear phrases all the time that encompass this very idea, such as "the more the merrier", "you are not alone", "I love you", "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"...etc.

We are on email, blogs, AIM all day sharing with each other. Sure, sometimes it professional chatting, but most often, it's more in the form of reaching out, saying hi, sending a hug, giving a shout out etc.. we share playlists where we use to make mix tapes for our friends, we share photos on Flickr and ofoto, where we used to get all steamed up that there was such a thing as one hour photo and we could develop our pictures and send to friends all in the same day!
We used to send snail mail, and now we can write and send an email in a matter of minutes, anywhere in the world! This is COOl shit! And a great time to be alive and in the cyber world!

Oh yeah, we make connections with strangers too, here on earth and in virtual Worlds; how about eBay, craigslist, match.com, myspace, online poker, Second Life, Habba Hotels and on and on..

I have more to comment here but I am gonna stop, think, change this song, grab a diet coke and I'll be back later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home